Aims of teaching Geography:
- To help children make sense of their own surroundings through learning about their own locality and the interaction between people and their environment.
- For children to develop an interest in the wonder of the world, including an appreciation of ethnic, cultural and economic diversity.
- To develop the geographical skills necessary to carry out effective geographical enquiry.
- To develop a sense of responsibility towards the environment and an understanding of the human impact on the natural world.
- To enrich and support other areas of the curriculum.