Aims of teaching History:
- To help children understand the present in the context of the past, promoting their sense of chronology.
- To encourage pupils to empathise with peoples of the past through role play, and to respect and celebrate differences.
- To develop children’s historical enquiry skills through using and evaluating evidence, asking and answering questions.
- To support them in working together to research topics, prepare arguments, organise events and present their findings in variety of ways.
- To enrich other areas of the curriculum.