Each week you have the following 'regular' homework to complete;
- Times Table Practise (TT Rock Stars)
- Termly WOW Project
Spring Term WOW Project
This homework is linked to the class text How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell. We would like your child to research a type of real life reptile to present to the class.
As our last homework involved model making we are wanting this homework to be different, so your child can choose if they would like to present their homework as a PowerPoint, fact file, leaflet, poster, information booklet. In the research your child will need to explain the type of reptile, where it can be found in the world, what it eats, the habitat it lives in, any prey that would want to hunt this animal, how large it is and any other information your child regards as important to share with the class. If your child produces a PowerPoint it will need to be emailed to the school office ready for presentations.
This homework will be due in on Friday 8th March 2019 and the homework presentations will be on Monday 11th March 2019.
To help with such a large homework we have written a week by week guide which you may find useful to use to complete the project in time:
- Week 1 and 2 = Carry out research
- Week 3 = Decide upon the presentation format and plan
- Week 4 and 5 = Produce the homework
- Week 6= Practice the presentation to the class—this stage is particularly important as the presentation contributes towards your child’s ‘spoken language’ assessment. Therefore, please make sure your child has practised presenting their project at home ready for presenting in class, rather than just reading from a sheet. We don’t expect them to learn this off by heart, but be able to speak clearly, confidently, with intonation and be able to hold an audiences' attention.
Good luck and we look forward to seeing the interesting research presented in class soon.