Birchwood's Ethos For Learning
Birchwood's ethos for learning:
- Our own bespoke Wheel of Wisdom curriculum.
- Key literary focus and text rich curriculum.
- High quality core texts that are challenging selected from world famous children's literature.
- Interconnectedness within subjects and between subjects so that pupils know more and remember more.
- Real life purpose to learning experiences wherever possible.
- Methodology = immersion + absorption of skills + practice skills + apply and refine.
- Sequential curriculum building towards end curriculum goals, built within real life/wider opportunities that inspire and challenge our pupils (e.g. Milsoms persuasive writing Y6 microbusiness, DEFRA approved egg production unit, Birchwood bees, Suffolk Day, masterclass program, Personalised Learning Plans in every subject).