WEEK 2 30.03.20
Phase 2 revision: c, k and consonant digraph ck.
- What is the phoneme?
- Do you know the Jollysong and action for each of these phonemes?
Remember ck is a digraph - 2 letters go together to make 1 new sound!
ck is usually found at the end of a word.
Use Educationcity to play:
- Letter c - Curly Caterpillar https://go.educationcity.com/content/index/34403/2/1/1/null/null/false/false/null/24
- Letter k - Kit Kite https://go.educationcity.com/content/index/34409/2/1/1/null/null/false/false/null/24
- Consonant digraph ck - Pack a rucksack
Watch Mr Thorne does phonics 'ck' for a little help! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlEN5AbHWak
Try reading and writing some c/k/ck words: cat, kit, sock, lick, can, kiss, cog, muck, kid. Challenge words: bucket, king, crash, brick, truck, crab. Could you write these words out twice to make a pairs game to play?
Cheer up a faraway relative by reading your school reading book to them on Facetime/Skpe/Zoom!
Can you listen to some other Harry and the Bucketful of Dinosaurs stories?
Try https://stories.audible.com/start-listen for free stories for children.
What animal would you like to have a bucketful of? Can you write your own version of the story....
Mrs Wainer and the bucketful of butterflies went to the forest. Next we went to a disco. Then we went home.
You could even write your story on some bucket shaped paper .....
Counting to 10.
- Can you count forwards and backwards to 10? How about starting from different numbers? Can you go beyond 10?
- Show the children a number card …. ‘8’ can they do 8 star jumps? Select different number cards and different active tasks( jumping, clapping, bunny hoops etc). Can you create your own exercise circuit with the number cards?
- Dot to Dot Dinosaurs- https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/t-a-002-dot-to-dot-sheets-dinosaurs
- Play Eggs for Breakfast game https://go.educationcity.com/content/index/25635/2/2/1/null/null/true/false/null/0//0
- Sing ‘10 little dinosaurs’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlRHqE6VodQ
- Collect 3D shapes (packages etc) ready to make a dinosaur - cube, sphere, cuboid, cylinder, cone.
- What are the properties of the 3D Shapes? Don’t forget our fancy pant word ‘Vertices’(corners)! Can you make a poster labelling the different properties of each 3D shape?
- 3D Shapes Song with Jack Hartmann https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPZegz690Mg
- Education City- Nine Lives Game https://go.educationcity.com/content/index/25828/2/2/1/null/null/true/false/null/0//0
- Can you use your 3D shapes to make a dinosaur? Don't forget to check your recycling for 3D packets!
- Once you have made your dinosaur...can you make a fact sheet for it? What is the height of your dinosaur? What does it eat? Where does it live?