Each week you have the following 'regular' homework to complete;
- Education City (Maths, English & Science)
- Reading Diary entries and Reading Challenge
- Times Table Practise (TT Rock Stars)
- Termly WOW Project
Autumn Term WOW Project
This homework is linked to the class text 'The Hodgeheg' by Dick King-Smith. We will launch this during our 'Tandem Workshop'.
To help with such a large homework we have written a week by week guide which you may find useful to use to complete the project in time:
- Week 1 and 2 = Carry out research
- Week 3 = Decide upon the presentation format and plan
- Week 4 and 5 = Produce the homework
- Week 6= Practice the presentation to the class—this stage is particularly important as the presentation contributes towards your child’s ‘spoken language’ assessment. Therefore, please make sure your child has practiced presenting their project at home ready for presenting in class, rather than just reading from a sheet. We don’t expect them to learn this off by heart, but be able to speak clearly, confidently, with intonation and be able to hold an audiences' attention.
Good luck and we look forward to seeing the interesting research presented in class soon.