Is your child due to start school September 2018? We have three dates for you to come and visit:
Wednesday 18th October at 2pm
Thursday 16th November at 7pm
Wednesday 10th January at 7pm
Head Teacher's Welcome
On behalf of the children, staff, governors and whole school community I'd like to warmly welcome you to Birchwood Primary School. We are extremely proud of all that goes on at Birchwood.
We value every child and ensure that we foster the individuality of their interests and experiences. Our curriculum is carefully planned to enable us to teach in a creative and inspiring way. We know this educational philosophy works well and is constantly adapting to the needs of all children in school because;
- Outcomes for pupils are excellent e.g. in 2015 Birchwood was joint 30th top performing primary school in England (Daily Telegraph January 2016)
- Our curriculum journey has led us to become ambassadors in key areas we excel e.g. Eco Ambassador School for Eastern region 2015-17, Suffolk School of Sporting Excellence 2016 - Association for PE Quality Mark with distinction, we are delighted to receive the accolade of Food for Life Partnership GOLD award (one of only 15 in the country), onsite Forest School to name but a few.
- We offer an extensive range of additional clubs, activities and support and extension programmes for children to participate in, and our staff team constantly research and embrace new initiatives.
Our vision statement underpins all that we do
Passionate about learning”
Latest School Events Events
There are currently no events.
Celebrating our Food For Life Gold Award with a special assembly and wild flower seed sowing.
"Spring Watch" at Birchwood has now begun! See below for a live stream of a Blue Tit nesting in one of our school bird boxes.
Click on the logo above for information about the Year 6 Hilltop Residential
Birchwood's Festival of Learning
On the 5th and 6th December we celebrated our 'outstanding' Ofsted grade with a whole range of activities. Each teacher was given the opportunity to demonstrate their particular learning passion. Much of this Festival of Learning was also themed around our 'Birchwood Bolts'.
Look at the fun our children have been having over these two tremendous days of learning and celebration.
- Canvassing Parent Opinion / Parent Working Party Update:
Have you spoken to members of the Senior Leadership Team on the school playground recently?
- Front of School
Year 6 create dream catchers.
- Junior Road Safety Officers
The Department For Transport loves our ideas!
- Potato Competition
Will Year 2 have a bumper crop?
- Planted Wellies
Gardening in aid of EACH
Reading Challenge Assembly
Congratulations to all the keen Birchwood pupils who took part in Mr Perry's Summer Reading Challenge....and a special mention goes to these prize winners:
KS1: 1st-Zaim Ali, Ella Edwards and Oliver Williams
KS2: 1st-Kate Fulcher, Imogen Fanshawe and Rosie Johnson-Cox