Early Help Offer
At Birchwood Primary School we understand that from time to time family life can have its complications. These may be the times when you need some extra help and support.
To support and advise you at such times we have an Early Help Offer.
The Safeguarding Team can offer advice on a range of concerns or can signpost parents to other sources of information, help and support.
What sort of concerns might parents share with our team?
A wide range of issues such as behaviour management, financial worries and debts, domestic abuse, housing concerns, mobility difficulties, bereavement and loss, cyber bullying - in fact any concerns which you are worried might be having a negative impact on your child(ren).
What might we offer in response to your concerns?
- The school's mental well being hub - triage system of support through daily conversations between the DSL, Pastoral Lead, SENDCO & FSW
- Family Support Worker 0.9 FTE (ELSA trained)
- Senior Mental Health Lead
- 1 x trained Feelings Group Practitioner
- Breakfast Club
- After School Club
- Termly Learning Together sessions for families to work alongside their child/ren
- Lunchtime Play Leaders
- Comprehensive induction program for children starting Reception class
- Signs of Safety toolkit
- In house safeguarding protocols (1 DSL, 6 ASLs, 2 named Governors)
- ‘Reading Dog’ program
- Bespoke learning interventions e.g. reading, maths, phonics
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Parent Information Sessions (academic and pastoral, eg Phonics workshops, County Lines workshops)
- SEND half termly Parent Drop ins with class teachers & SEND half termly telephone coversations with the SENDCO
- Forest School
- Garden Gang
- A plethora of after school extra curricular activities
- Pupil Voice Opportunities
- Birchwood holiday/sports camps
- Gym Trail
- Government Fruit and Vegetable Scheme
- Use of washing machine/shower
- Pre loved Uniform/Swap Shop
- Educational Welfare Officer support
- Curriculum provision and additional work from outside agencies support our children in learning how to keep themselves safe
Who might the school refer to?
- The Early Help Team
- Children and Young People's Services
- County Inclusive Support Service
- Counselling Services
- School Nurse
- Speech and Language Therapist
- Educational Psychologist
- Young Carers
- Local Authority Family Services team
- Educational Welfare Officer
- Level 2 mentoring
Birchwood Community Swap Shop
- Would you like to pass on your unused uniform which doesn’t fit anymore in a sustainable way?
- Has your child lost an item of uniform and you don’t want to buy a brand new replacement at this point in the year?
We have a range of new and pre loved trousers, pinafores, shorts, skirts, culottes, PE kits, tights and socks. Swap your outgrown uniforms for the next size up or search for an item of uniform you need. All clothes, which had been washed and ironed, will be displayed on a table so that you can browse at your leisure at regular intervals across each term! However, if you are in more urgent need, please contact Mrs Phelan, our Family Support Worker.
Please post any clothes you are donating into the black recycle bin, located in our Recycle Alley at the front of school.
School provides uniform, shoes, sports kit etc if parents are eligible for FSM? Please contact the admin team to investigate this further.
Contact us when you have a concern which is affecting your child(ren). We will always try and see you quickly or give you a call to find out what the problem is and arrange to meet and discuss it with you.