Birchwood Primary School Eco-Code
The School Council has agreed that all pupils, staff and visitors will follow our Eco-Code (January 2019)
- RECYCLE all scrap paper, using both sides.
- RECYCLE all clean, plastic containers.
- RECYCLE all cardboard.
- RECYCLE used postage stamps, batteries, textiles, glasses, crisp packets, ink cartridges, writing implements and shoes.
- REUSE fruit and vegetable waste for compost, chicken food and in the wormery.
- REUSE rain water and left over drinking water in water butts for our gardens.
- REUSE materials to support our learning (junk modelling, glue pots, flower pots etc.).
- REUSE pens and glue sticks by putting lids back on after use.
- REDUCE water wastage by turning off taps.
- REDUCE electricity wastage by switching off and closing doors.
- REDUCE food wastage by designing the menu, pre ordering our school lunches and eating up!
- REDUCE food wastage by harvesting, cooking and preserving our school grown crops.
- REDUCE our carbon footprint by walking, scooting or biking to school.
- REDUCE our use of single use plastics by using reusable drinks bottles, avoiding cling film and purchasing responsibly.