Meeters & Greeters
Written by Jess (Y6), Ava and Mollie (Y5) and Tallulah (Y4)
In our role as a Meeter and Greeter, it is our aim to:
* welcome new people in to our school
* welcome new children and their parents to our school before they start
* show visitors around the school and how we make it a nice place for people to learn
* show people the new skills that we develop in school
* welcome other Headteachers and teachers to our school - we like to tell them what we are learning in the classroom and the opportunities we have
Children in Years 1-6 that are interested in this role, have to fill in an application form sharing three words to describe themselves, who they are, their interests and why they would like the job. Class teachers choose the best two applications to represent their class. The chosen two get presented with Meeter and Greeter badges so they can be easily identified around school. We wear these proudly!
We have lots of visitors to our school. Some that are interested in what goes on here and some that would like to see if they like the school for their children. When we spot a visitor entering our classroom (with Mrs Davies or Mr Cloke), we stop what we are doing and introduce ourselves and tell them what we are doing in our class. We show the visitor our very best work that we are proud of and answer any questions they have.
We really enjoy reading and love the work we are doing on our class text, 'Private Peaceful'.
When a visitor leaves Birchwood, we hope they know lots of information about what goes on here. We hope that if they have children with them, and are looking for a place at our school, that are so impressed they choose us! We hope when we get to welcome newspaper reporters, that they recognise the great work we are doing and write an article to tell the County about our outstanding school. Ultimately, we hope every visitor leaves Birchwood with a large smile!