Helpful Resources for Parents
The government has launched a campaign called 'Together we can tackle child abuse'. The resources, aimed at everyone in the community, include four very short videos explaining physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse, neglect and online abuse.
The simple mnemonic, ABC, is used to remind people that they should look out for changes in appearance, behaviour or communication. The webpage has a search engine to find out where to report abuse.
For more information, click on this link (Tackle Child Abuse):
School Nursing Team Referral Guidance
Coronavirus dealing with the effects toolkit
Lockdown has seen a significant increase in domestic violence, please review this guide on supporting your children.
Supporting young people's mental health
- Supporting our young people manage big feelings
- Supporting our young people with anxiety
- Supporting our young people manage uncertainty
- Supporting our young people with challenging behaviour
- Supporting our children/adolescents with sleep (11 Years+)
- Top tips for supporting young people through exam season
- Supporting our young people with low mood
- Supporting our young people with self-harm
There is a training calendar on the Wellbeing in Education webpages which show all of the Wellbeing in Education training and workshop dates at a glance.
If you have any questions about this programme of support being co-ordinated by SCC Psychology & Therapeutic Services please do contact us at EducationMHLeadNetwork@suffolk.gov.uk